04 Nov 100 Things Every Homeowner Must Know
100 Things Every Homeowner Must Know: How to Save Money, Solve Problems, and Improve Your Home by The Family Handyman
Summary: The Family Handyman’s 100 Things Every Homeowner Must Know gives you the knowledge you need to be a better homeowner. You’ll make informed decisions, avoid frustrations and save thousands over the life of your home.
The Family Handyman’s 100 Things Every Homeowner Must Know gives you the knowledge you need to be a better homeowner. You’ll make informed decisions, avoid frustrations and save thousands over the life of your home. Here’s just a small sample of what’s inside:
· The smartest thing you can do before going on vacation
· Push a button and save $100
· Be ready for any natural disaster
· Make burglars bypass your house
· The most effective way to cut heating and cooling costs
· Clever shortcuts for home maintenance—indoors and out
· Keep mice, ants and other invaders out of your house
· Boost curb appeal without remodeling
· What to do when the power goes out
· The most common—and costly—homeowner mistakes
· Eliminate noises, odors and other household irritations
· Grow the best lawn on the block
· Secret weapons pros use for easy, instant repairs
· Make appliances last years longer
· The key to drip-free faucets
· Make your mower start right up—every time
· Cures for damp basements
· Exterminate mold and mildew
· Pick a paint color you’ll love
· Get faster downloads and better TV quality
· Stop peeling paint
Plus, incredibly easy repairs for appliances, plumbing, flooring, walls, furniture and more!
Angie’s Comments: Lots of good tips! The book includes diagrams and pictures along with the text, which makes it much easier to understand. As a renter, I even found some tips that I can put to use. Of course, I especially liked the Greatest Goofs section.
Recommended for anyone who owns a house.